If you’re seeking treatment for addiction or mental health issues, you may have heard of intensive outpatient programs or IOPs. These programs are designed to provide more rigorous treatment than standard outpatient care but don’t require a residential stay like inpatient care. At Athens Recovery, our IOPs are tailored to meet the needs of clients who require a higher level of care than traditional outpatient treatment. If you’re wondering how long an intensive outpatient program is or have other questions about this level of care, reach out to our team today at 844.959.4998 or connect with us online to get started.
Typical Length of an Intensive Outpatient Program
At Athens Recovery, our intensive outpatient program lasts between eight and 12 weeks, depending on individual client needs. During the program, clients attend therapy sessions three to five days a week for three to five hours per day. This level of care allows clients to receive intensive treatment while still maintaining their responsibilities at work, school, or home.
What to Expect in an Intensive Outpatient Program
Clients in IOPs participate in a range of therapeutic modalities, including individual and group therapy, family therapy, and cognitive-behavioral therapy. Our programs also provide education on addiction and mental health, coping skills development, and relapse prevention strategies. Alongside this structured treatment program, clients also have access to supportive services such as case management, transportation assistance, and aftercare support. These services help to ensure clients can focus solely on their recovery during their treatment.
While in an IOP, clients are also encouraged to develop sober living skills. This includes developing a strong peer support system, participating in healthy activities, and building an aftercare plan. What you get out of an IOP will depend on your commitment to the program, so it’s important to make the most of your time in treatment. No matter how long your time in an intensive outpatient program is, you’ll be equipped with the skills and tools to help you build an empowered and successful life in recovery.
The Benefits of IOPs
Why are IOPs such effective parts of the recovery journey? They offer a wide range of benefits, including:
- Flexibility – An IOP is an excellent option for those who can’t take time off work or school to attend residential treatment.
- Individualized care – IOPs provide more individualized treatment than standard outpatient care and offer a more comfortable, confidential setting than inpatient treatment.
- Structured support – Clients receive treatment in a structured environment with a set schedule, providing accountability and structure that helps build good habits.
- Cost-effectiveness – IOPs often cost less than inpatient care options, making them an affordable option for many people.
- Recovery in a community – Clients are surrounded by a community of peers who share their experiences and can offer support and encouragement.
- Improved long-term outcomes – Studies have shown that individuals who attend IOPs have better long-term outcomes than those who only participate in traditional outpatient care.
Whether you’re just starting your journey of recovery or looking for a higher level of care, an intensive outpatient program can offer the support you need to reach your goals.
Reach Out to Athens Recovery Today to Learn More:
If you or a loved one needs intensive outpatient treatment, reach out to Athens Recovery for more information about our programs. Our team of experienced professionals is here to answer your questions and help you find the support you need to begin your journey to recovery. You don’t have to do this alone—let us help you on the path to lifelong health and well-being.