If you or someone you know has struggled with addiction, you know just how challenging the journey to recovery can be. Addiction doesn’t discriminate, and breaking free from its hold is a process that takes both time and dedication. While addiction treatment programs provide a needed foundation, people in recovery can continue to face challenges and temptations long after treatment has ended. Continuing care is a crucial step in the recovery process and can make all the difference in long-term sobriety.
At Athens Recovery, our continuing care program provides a comprehensive approach to addiction recovery that goes beyond traditional treatment models. We recognize that recovering from addiction requires ongoing support and counseling. That’s why we believe that continuing care is an essential component of the healing process and why we are dedicated to providing personalized continuing care services that meet each person’s unique needs.
What Is Continuing Care?
Continuing care refers to the ongoing treatment and support that clients receive after completing a formal addiction treatment program. This type of support is often called “aftercare,” but we prefer the term “continuing care” because it emphasizes the importance of ongoing recovery and helps people understand that their journey to sobriety is a lifelong process.
Why Continuing Care Matters
Life after treatment can be full of challenges and temptations, and continuing care provides a vital safety net to help prevent relapse. It also provides an opportunity for people in recovery to develop new coping skills that can help them manage stress, build healthy relationships, and avoid situations that could trigger a relapse.
What to Expect in Our Continuing Care Program
At Athens Recovery, we offer a range of continuing care options to meet the individual needs of our clients. Our program includes weekly support groups, individual therapy sessions, and case management services. We also provide access to psychiatric care for clients who may need medication to support their recovery. Our staff works closely with each client to develop a personalized continuing care plan based on their unique needs and goals.
Benefits of Continuing Care at Athens Recovery
Just a few of the benefits of continuing care at Athens Recovery include:
- A reduced risk of relapse – Research shows that patients who engage in continuing care have lower rates of relapse than those who do not.
- Improved mental health – Our ongoing support and resources can significantly improve the mental health of our clients and prevent the onset of new mental health conditions.
- Increased accountability – Our clients stay accountable by checking in with therapists and support groups regularly.
- Development of coping skills – Our clients learn important coping skills essential to a smooth and healthy living.
- Strengthened relationships – Our clients build stronger and healthier relationships with family members, friends, and other important people in their lives.
- Addressing underlying conditions – Our clients receive treatments to address co-occurring conditions.
- Access to resources – Resources are provided to clients and their families on addiction, trauma, anxiety, and other important topics.
During continuing care, clients also receive relapse prevention education that includes learning to recognize and manage triggers, set healthy boundaries with family members and friends, and seek help when needed. This is supported by the development of an individualized recovery plan that helps our clients stay on track in meeting their goals.
Call Athens Recovery for Continuing Care for Addiction
For those seeking continuing care after addiction treatment, Athens Recovery offers comprehensive resources to support them on their journey to recovery. At our addiction recovery center, we recognize the importance of continuing care and provide our clients with the tools and support they need to maintain lifelong sobriety. If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction, please reach out to our team at Athens Recovery by calling 844.959.4998 or by reaching out online. We are dedicated to helping people create the healthy, fulfilling lives they deserve.